This position will support Fellowes global import and export activities to ensure compliance with applicable customs laws and regulations as well as audit, maintain, and perform activities associated with Fellowes standard operating procedures. They will interface with government officials, customs brokers, freight forwarders, internal/external legal counsel, customers, suppliers, and customs agencies in the responsible regions and serve as a resource for Trade Compliance matters for Fellowes (management and employees of all levels).
• Perform global product classifications and maintain a current and robust database of all products to achieve uniform global classifications.
• Confirm or determine and maintain appropriate origin declarations/marking and trade/preference program qualifications (NAFTA, LTSD, KORUS, etc.) of imported product, components and parts.
• Lead global implementation of any process changes needed to ensure that the business is fully compliant.
• Manage assist reports and process for customs brokers and perform reconciliation that confirms all assists are properly declared to Customs.
• Partner with government officials to support National security programs (C-TPAT, PIP, AEO, etc). Maintain processes and documentation to retain status in qualified programs.
• Respond to inquiries regarding classification, duty rates, documentation requirements, or other import regulations to ensure timely clearance.
• Develop and present internal compliance training; conduct regulatory compliance audits and develop and maintain associated databases, reports and documentation to insure compliance with customs laws and regulations.
• Stay current with changes in trade regulations, customs rulings and tariff changes. Make appropriate adjustments to internal processes and documentation to remain compliant.
• US specific duties to include import entry audits, export compliance, and working knowledge utilizing ACE for export filing, duty reporting and responses to CF28 and CF29 requests.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution or equivalent related work experience
• 6+ years work experience in import and export compliance
• US Customs Brokerage License a plus, but not required
• Global logistics or supply chain experience
• Proven ability to perform HTS classification on components and finished goods
• Experience with Free Trade Agreements (FTA) declarations and certificates
• Past experience with assists
• Solid knowledge and understanding of global customs laws and regulations
• Strong PC skills with Oracle experience a plus
• Must be highly organized, analytical, and with high attention to detail
• Must possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Experience interacting with customs brokers and freight forwarders and cross functional teams
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
Fellowes, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered Fellowes' property, and Fellowes will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Talent Acquisition Department.