It’s the people who make the difference. Our four-generation family business, built on our founding values and principles, delivers best-in-class quality products with a growing Fellowes family of employees. If you are leading your own career and want to work with brands committed to helping you be your best, then you’ve found your fit.
Fellowes Brands is seeking a dynamic Product Manager to join us in our modern Itasca, IL headquarters. This new addition - the result of strategic organizational change – will lead the Product Management team and its collaboration between global cross-functional teams, offering unparalleled visibility and the opportunity to drive strategic product-based initiatives throughout the business.
As a Product Manager, You Will:
- Oversee the planning, development and implementation of the category product line strategies and product launches
- Lead the Product Management team (to include four Associate Product Managers) and partner with senior- and executive-level management to drive the implementation, control and subsequent evaluation of the mutigenerational product roadmaps and annual updates
- Drive the development of global product strategies and assist in the design, development and launch of new products to the business categories, using consumer insights, identified channel needs, and competitive and technical product knowledge
- Manage and own product lifecycle planning, from launch to discontinuation, strategically implementing improvements to existing or legacy products along the way
- Weigh customer and global feedback against all other factors including business strategy, financial opportunity, resources and timing. Build fact-based business cases to gain executive-level consensus and then drive execution
- Define, implement and improve upon key product management best practices
- Lead the definition of market opportunities and development of product charters.
- Oversee global communication of product/project status and updates
To Be Successful in This Role, You Will:
- Be creative, forward-thinking and entrepreneurial, with the ability to drive change
- Exhibit strong technical product knowledge and a passion for innovative consumer products
- Have exceptional communication skills, with the ability to effectively articulate plans to all levels of the organization
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills in all aspects of managing multiple product line strategies and team members
- Possess proven skills in the areas of general business management and strategic planning
- Be aware of emerging technologies and competitive threats and opportunities
- Have the ability to travel 5-10% per year, to include international travel
What You Bring to the Team:
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, business management, engineering or other related field
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in marketing, product management and/or consumer products marketing, to include experience successfully planning and delivering on new product initiatives and the management of product lifecycles
- A minimum of two (2) years’ people management experience
- A graduate degree in marketing or other related field
- Global product line management, preferably in consumer products
ABOUT FELLOWES BRANDS
Founded on a rich 100-year history, our reputation, passion for excellence and Fellowes values - a belief in people, integrity, innovation and continuous improvement - live in every product we make, and inspire best-in-class design, quality and performance in all we do. Our four core values drive our behavior, approach and response to the world around us. Initiative. Integrity. Teamwork. Passion. These values are steeped in the character of our founder, Harry Fellowes, who established a value-based culture at Fellowes over a century ago.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
Fellowes, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered Fellowes' property, and Fellowes will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Talent Acquisition Department.