It’s the people who make the difference. Our four-generation family business built on our founding values and principles delivers best-in-class quality products with a growing Fellowes family of employees. If you are leading your own career and want to work with brands committed to helping you be your best, then you’ve found your fit.
Fellowes Brands is seeking a strategic Manager of IT Applications Development and Reporting to join the Business Technology Services (BTS) team in our modern Itasca, IL headquarters. This is a critical role within our organization, responsible for directing and managing the day to day operations for the team handling the application development and maintenance of the Oracle Applications Suite (R12), the Cognos data warehouse and its supporting systems, in addition to other corporate applications. This is a great opportunity for an experienced professional to have exceptional visibility in a global organization and to drive meaningful change.
As a Manager of IT Applications Development and Reporting, You Will:
- Oversee the development, delivery and maintenance of technology-based business solutions
- Provide leadership to high performing Oracle EBS, data warehousing, technical development, database administration and support teams
- Manage Oracle EBS and Cognos data warehouse systems
- Provide project governance and/or technical expertise to ensure that applications and databases are kept current through appropriate patches or releases
- Continuously improve IT applications support strategy and production deployment processes, implement SLAs acceptable to business, improve SDLC standards and oversee change management/control processes
- Develop, update and enhance company’s long-term IT Applications road map
- Negotiate and manage IT Application vendor relationships and licensing contracts to drive value, performance and save cost
- Through leadership and direction, ensure appropriate design, development techniques and tools are used on all system-related changes
- Perform resource scheduling, establish work sequence and allocate resources to projects and change requests, and be responsible for delivery of all technical components
- Mentor, coach, develop and manage direct reports (5) by establishing specific goals and objectives
To Be Successful in This Role, You Will:
- Have the ability to guide technical projects successfully from inception to completion
- Effectively communicate and manage project expectations including scope, resource needs, budget needs and timelines to project managers, owners, sponsors, team members and other stakeholders in a clear, concise fashion
- Effectively collaborate with Business Analysis and Project Management leads to coordinate projects and change requests, manage IT demand and agree on deliverable dates
- Effectively communicate and manage project expectations to project managers, owners, sponsors, team members and other stakeholders in a clear concise fashion.
- Be highly competent with visualizing solutions for business process automation
- Have a proven track record of managing multiple initiatives simultaneously, building appropriate processes and tools, delivering results, while keeping control on budget spend/utilization
What You Bring to the Team:
- A bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, engineering or other related field
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in information technology/systems experience, to include:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in enterprise application development and/or technical support with Oracle ERP
- A minimum of 5 years of direct management experience
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Experience working with Oracle EBS R12 in a multi-country, multi-region, multi-language, multi-currency, centralized global solution
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with data warehousing management, its structure and tools such as Cognos and other IBM solutions
- Working knowledge in the development, integration and automation with other third-party solutions, such as EDI, eCom, etc.
ABOUT FELLOWES BRANDS
Founded on a rich 100-year history, our reputation, passion for excellence and Fellowes values - a belief in people, integrity, innovation and continuous improvement - live in every product we make, and inspire best-in-class design, quality and performance in all we do. Our four core values drive our behavior, approach and response to the world around us. Initiative. Integrity. Teamwork. Passion. These values are steeped in the character of our founder, Harry Fellowes, who established a value-based culture at Fellowes over a century ago.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteranFellowes, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered Fellowes' property, and Fellowes will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Talent Acquisition Department.