It’s the people who make the difference. Our four-generation family business built on our founding values and principles delivers best-in-class quality products with a growing Fellowes family of employees. If you are leading your own career and want to work with brands committed to helping you be your best, we want to meet you.
Our culture encourages initiative and integrity. Our work environment is based on respect for individuals in an atmosphere of collaboration with a focus on results.
The Planner Buyer will employ excellent project management skills in the execution of activities to support the global supply chain for our shredder and binder & laminator product lines (finished goods), in order to maximize speed to market, efficiency and cost management. This individual will manage several suppliers (accounting for $42 million in global annual spend), company assets and service levels to maximize return on investment. In addition, the Planner Buyer will work cross-functionally with multiple departments, including product development on the launch of new products.
- Establish and maintain a master production/supplier schedule to achieve operating plan including: planning, buying, level loading, multi-sourcing, capacity and scheduling
- Manage daily MRP/ ASCP output to identify requirements to order, expedite and de-expedite materials
- Execute discontinued inventory process and work to minimize scrap, discontinued and slow-moving inventory
- Transfer material between distribution centers on a global basis where necessary
- Execute MRP/ASCP planning and procurement process
- Manage supplier relationships and profiles, to include a high level of negotiation
- Participate in sourcing activities and product shop arounds
- Gather quotes from various suppliers and present to business team for collaborative review and supplier selection to align with the team strategy
- Negotiate minimum order quantities (MOQs) or supplier stock holding to support subsidiary/drop ship orders
- Ensure all S&P activities are executed to meet timelines
- Ensure timely payment of invoices and resolve receiving discrepancies, invoice discrepancies, supplier payment issues
- Track and formally document cost increases/decreases for accurate margin analysis
- Support efficient logistics including tracking/expediting shipments from port to distribution center
- Use independent judgment to research detail and arrive at a recommended solution
What You Bring to the Team
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of two (2) years of planning/purchasing experience, to include experience with finished goods purchasing in a global environment
- A high level of project management and organizational skills in overseeing the supply chain process in multiple categories
- A team player attitude and the ability to work collaboratively across many functions
- Agility and flexibility as customers’ consumption and forecasts can change with little warning, and unforeseen obstacles often surface which could cause project delays
- Basic supply chain knowledge to understand the necessary levers to pull to be successful
- The ability to tailor your communication to different audiences, to include multiple levels of seniority, cross functionally and internationally
- Tactful and firm communication while working with suppliers
- A willingness to travel internationally up to 5% per year
You May Also Have
- Experience in an OEM or manufacturing environment, ideally with consumer products
- Experience working with product development on new launches
- Knowledge of Oracle manufacturing and distribution applications strongly preferred, but other ERP and/or materials management software considered
- Exposure to JIT, TQM, TOC
- The ability to work in a global environment (Asia preferred)
- Experience managing purchasing spend
- APICS, CPIM or NAPM CPM certification
About Fellowes Brands
Founded on a rich 100-year history, our reputation, passion for excellence and Fellowes values - a belief in people, integrity, innovation and continuous improvement - live in every product we make, and inspire best-in-class design, quality and performance in all we do. Our four core values drive our behavior, approach and response to the world around us. Initiative. Integrity. Teamwork. Passion. These values are steeped in the character of our founder, Harry Fellowes, who established a value-based culture at Fellowes over a century ago.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
Fellowes, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered Fellowes' property, and Fellowes will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Talent Acquisition Department.