It’s the people who make the difference. Our four-generation family business built on our founding values and principles delivers best-in-class quality products with a growing Fellowes family of employees. If you are leading your own career and want to work with brands committed to helping you be your best, we want to meet you.
Our culture encourages initiative and integrity. Our work environment is based on respect for individuals in an atmosphere of collaboration with a focus on results. Our Supply Chain team is highly collaborative across the business and works hard to get the job done - but not without a few laughs in between.
The Assistant Buyer will execute directed activities to support the global supply chain for multiple product lines (to include workspace management and our core lines: shredder and binding & laminating) and will play a direct role in the achievement of cost, inventory, supplier management and divisional goals.
- Produce reports in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word to monitor achievement towards goals
- Assist with organization of pre- and post-China travel – agendas, coordination and action plans
- Manage the process to enter, update and delete purchase orders per Buyer’s request
- Assist S&P team with creation of all rework work orders
- Update tooling documents where directed
- Manage supplier responses on key team initiatives
- Provide general S&P support, including sample orders/shipments and presentation preparation
- Manage supplier relationship and the entire purchasing responsibility for specific supplier(s)
- Utilize Oracle to:
- Enter quotations
- Submit data maintenance for discontinued products
- Execute MRP planning and procurement process and establish appropriate planning parameters
- Initiate/issue, place and maintain purchase orders
- Open purchase orders manually or release from the workbench
- Open non-inventory purchase orders
- Perform date maintenance on open purchase orders including updating due-at-port dates and Logistics ETD
- Execute planning parameters to ensure that system performance is maximized
- Validate in-stock dates as needed by Demand Management
- Organize data for excess/discontinued inventory reviews and execute actions
- Support efficient logistics including tracking/expediting shipments from port to distribution center
What You Bring to the Team
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 0-3 years of planning/purchasing experience
- A team player attitude and the ability to work collaboratively across many functions
- A high level of problem solving, project management and organizational skills in overseeing the supply chain process in multiple categories
- Agility and flexibility as customers consumption and forecasts can change with little warning, and unforeseen obstacles often surface which could cause project delays
- Basic supply chain knowledge to understand the necessary levers to pull to be successful
- The ability to tailor your communication to different audiences, to include multiple levels of seniority, cross functionally and internationally
- Tactful and firm communication while working with suppliers
- Strong computer skills, especially with Excel and Outlook
You May Also Have
- APICS, CPIM, or NAPM CPM certification
About Fellowes Brands
Founded on a rich 100-year history, our reputation, passion for excellence and Fellowes values - a belief in people, integrity, innovation and continuous improvement - live in every product we make, and inspire best-in-class design, quality and performance in all we do. Our four core values drive our behavior, approach and response to the world around us. Initiative. Integrity. Teamwork. Passion. These values are steeped in the character of our founder, Harry Fellowes, who established a value-based culture at Fellowes over a century ago.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
Fellowes, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered Fellowes' property, and Fellowes will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Talent Acquisition Department.