It’s the people who make the difference. Our four-generation family business, built on our founding values and principles, delivers best-in-class quality products with a growing Fellowes family of employees. If you are leading your own career and want to work with brands committed to helping you be your best, we want to meet you.
Our culture encourages initiative and integrity. Our work environment is based on respect for individuals in an atmosphere of collaboration with a focus on results. The Fellowes Mobile team is passionate about creating and delivering high quality, user-friendly products for our customers and their consumers. This team lives by the “work hard, play hard” mantra, putting in the extra hours to achieve our goals, supporting each other during crunch time and always coming together to celebrate our wins.
The Design Engineer, based in our new Schaumburg, IL office, presents an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional who thrives in a fast-paced, high-energy and entrepreneurial group that drives numerous new product launches in the mobile accessories space. This role is key in new product design and material innovation, ensuring flawless execution of new product launches that support the business team objectives and strategies.
- Take responsibility for new product design and material innovation for products such as phone cases, tablet cases, screen protectors and others in a very fast-paced industry
- Work under tight deadlines to establish, verify and approve design requirements on new and existing product lines
- Work collaboratively cross-functionally within the office and with our engineering team and vendors in Asia
- Ensure continuous product and process improvement activities
- Provide continuous insights on consumer, competitive and technological trends
- Manage our on-site MA lab and raw materials
- Put in extra time beyond a 40-hour work week (to include evenings and weekends) in support of conference calls with our overseas partners
- Travel internationally up to 10 percent
What You Bring to the Team
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, product development, mechanical engineering technology or other related field
- A minimum of four (4) years of related professional experience in product design and/or engineering
- Strong working knowledge of Computer Aided Design (SolidWorks) and Excel
- Familiarity with DFM processes and experience with detailed failure analysis for root cause investigations
- Creative problem-solving skills with a high level detail-orientation and organization
- A high degree of personal motivation, initiative and intellectual curiosity
- The ability to effectively organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-pressure and ever-changing environment
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- A high sense of urgency while maintaining a strong detail orientation throughout the project lifecycle
- Flexibility and the ability to be nimble during times of change
- A positive attitude, a strong work ethic and a willingness to take on new challenges
- The drive to stay up-to-date on consumer, competitive and technology trends in the always evolving mobile accessories space
You May Also Have
- New product development and/or manufacturing engineering experience
- Previous high-volume consumer product or action sports equipment experience
- Familiarity with plastic injection molding, over-molding, converting, die-cutting and soft goods manufacturing
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams (technical, design and manufacturing) on the conception, development and launch of consumer products
- Experience in Asian manufacturing process design and set-up for the production of high-volume, mass-market products
- Experience in Business Process Improvement (BPI)
About Fellowes Brands
Founded on a rich 100-year history, our reputation, passion for excellence and Fellowes values - a belief in people, integrity, innovation and continuous improvement - live in every product we make, and inspire best-in-class design, quality and performance in all we do. Our four core values drive our behavior, approach and response to the world around us. Initiative. Integrity. Teamwork. Passion. These values are steeped in the character of our founder, Harry Fellowes, who established a value-based culture at Fellowes over a century ago.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
Fellowes, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered Fellowes' property, and Fellowes will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Talent Acquisition Department.