It’s the people who make the difference. Our four-generation family business built on our founding values and principles delivers best-in-class quality products with a growing Fellowes family of employees. If you are leading your own career and want to work with brands committed to helping you be your best, we want to meet you.
Our culture encourages initiative and integrity. Our work environment is based on respect for individuals in an atmosphere of collaboration with a focus on results. Our Environmental, Safety & Security (ESS) team is passionate about what they do and work collaboratively to ensure the well-being of all our U.S.-based employees.
The Environmental, Health and Safety Manager oversees the Environmental, Safety & Security (ESS) performance for all U.S. locations (four) and shifts, with opportunity to collaborate with global counterparts. This individual ensures a safe workplace for all employees, meets regulatory compliance standards, protects the health and welfare of employees, ensures the security of facilities, product and equipment, and reduces the company’s risk to legal and financial liability.
- Champion and ensure compliance with environmental and occupational health and safety laws and standards, including injury and illness prevention planning, training, auditing, correcting, permitting, recordkeeping and reporting
- Manage, design, implement, monitor, communicate and enforce environmental, safety and security policies, procedures, records, administration and training
- Serve as the point person for emergencies and as a backup to the security manager
- Manage and ensure compliance with Leave of Absence laws and standards (including FMLA, PDA, USERRA, VESSA, etc.) including leave eligibility, certifications, notifications, guidance and administration
- Oversee the workers’ compensation program including claims management, medical management, cost containment, administration and representing company in litigation
- Determine root cause of incidences and provide corrective action plans
- Identify and execute on best practice ESS programs, new regulations and changes to the business processes
- Recommend, communicate and institute continuous improvement programs
- Manage staff (one direct report), review costs and operate the department within budget guidelines
What You Bring to the Team
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of eight (8) years of environmental, health and safety management experience in an industrial work environment
- Excellent leadership, coaching and mentoring skills
- Strategic thinking with the ability to make quick and firm decisions under pressure
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- A team player attitude, adept at collaborating with others
- Excellent time management skills with demonstrated ability to balance and prioritize multiple
- The ability to comfortably interact and negotiate with compliance agencies
- The ability to maintain confidentiality in matters involving security and/or personnel issues
- Proven experience and success in implementing and monitoring multi-site/multi-component Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety Programs
- Strong working knowledge of computer applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, etc.)
You May Also Have
- Prior experience managing workers compensation programs
- Prior experience managing leaves of absence
- Strong knowledge with OSHA, ADA and FMLA rules and regulations
- Experience with occupational health, behavior-based safety
- Excellent skills in project management, budget management, employee management, disaster management, return to work programs and transitional duty management
- Experience with manufacturing and powered industrial vehicle operations and equipment
- The ability to speak multiple languages
About Fellowes Brands
Founded on a rich 100-year history, our reputation, passion for excellence and Fellowes values - a belief in people, integrity, innovation and continuous improvement - live in every product we make, and inspire best-in-class design, quality and performance in all we do. Our four core values drive our behavior, approach and response to the world around us. Initiative. Integrity. Teamwork. Passion. These values are steeped in the character of our founder, Harry Fellowes, who established a value-based culture at Fellowes over a century ago.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
Fellowes, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered Fellowes' property, and Fellowes will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Talent Acquisition Department.