We are looking for a bright, kind, goal-oriented Supplier Quality Specialist who is energized by an environment that allows for freedom to own your work, take your career to the next level and make a mark on a fast-growing organization. We are passionate about delivering quality to our customers, and this role is a critical piece in ensuring we do this. Our standards are high and we are proud of the contribution we make to our customers’ experience. While we take our work seriously, we don’t take ourselves seriously. We are focused on achieving our goals but like to have fun while doing so.
You’re excited about the Supplier Quality Specialist opportunity because you will...
- Drive product quality assurance and control by developing and refining internal standards and processes
- Provide statistical information for quality improvement by identifying testing methods and sampling methods
- Champion corrective action processes internally and with suppliers using the NCR and SCAR processes
- Investigate supplier issues in the manufacturing environment, communicating issues to suppliers and working collaboratively to find root cause; implement permanent corrective actions
- Review and assist with approvals and rejections of all supplier incoming data and first article and sample submissions for accuracy, quality and fidelity
- Oversee, inspect and approve supplier shipments to ESI and customers
- Monitor and measure the supplier’s performance and report on KPIs
- Work with customers, vendors and other team members to track and resolve customer concerns and warranty concerns
- Travel to visit both suppliers and customers when necessary to follow up on issues and close out concerns
- Audit existing and potential new suppliers and make logical and fact-based recommendations to management about future or potential future business with suppliers
We’re excited about you because...
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Quality, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- You have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in quality engineering or similar quality functions
- You work effectively in a fast-moving, stakeholder-value-focused and entrepreneurial environment
- You are well organized, highly analytical and demonstrate the ability to assemble data into a logical and presentable format
- You have exceptional project management skills
- You are proactive, self-motivated and encompass a strong sense of urgency
- You quickly gather and analyze facts, work with engineering to set up containment and follow through with effective corrective actions
- You possess manual dexterity and familiarity with quality testing tools and procedures
- You are well spoken and possess the ability to deliver messages to diverse audiences in a quick, decisive and straight forward fashion
- You possess unquestionable character, professional presence and absolute integrity
- You are open to traveling 10%, both domestically and internationally
You may also have…
- Experience with die cast aluminums, electromechanical assemblies, stamping, steel forming and/or plastics
- Experience with SolidWorks CAD
- Bilingual capabilities in English and Chinese or Mandarin
Why you’ll love working at ESI…
- You are encouraged to be your authentic self here and empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- You’ll be an integral part of an organization that continues to grow and help support our customers health while working
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively, trying new things and having fun while we work
- We are a group of bright, kind and goal-oriented people, who truly believe in our business model
- We offer competitive salaries and Total Rewards packages
- You’ll be proud to say that you work for ESI knowing that it brings healthy working to our customers’ lives
At ESI, we design products for the movers and shakers of this world—work gear that keeps you active, healthy, focused, productive, and engaged, every single day. The pace of business is faster than ever, but we’re here to propel you forward at work, at home, and in between. We provide monitor arms, crank and electric height adjustable tables, keyboard combinations, power solutions, sit-to-stand solutions, wall mounted and mobile workstations, laptop solutions, and task lighting. Geared for today’s fast-paced lifestyle, our extensive catalog of work gear will empower you to be energized and productive. We are an equal opportunity employer seeking individuals who value and will support a friendly, team-oriented and drug free workplace. Applicants will be required to submit to a criminal background check and drug screen prior to commencing employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
ESI does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ESI’s property, and ESI will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Talent Acquisition Department.