It’s the people who make the difference. Our privately held, four-generation family business, built on our founding values and principles, delivers best-in-class quality products with a growing Fellowes family of employees. If you are leading your own career and want to work with brands committed to helping you be your best, we want to meet you.
The Senior Technical Accountant will join a team in support of all U.S. bookkeeping, participating in the accounting, reporting and analysis of the U.S. and foreign subsidiaries financial results on a monthly basis and contributing to year-end audits with our external auditors. In addition to bringing a highly technical accounting skill set to the table, the Senior Technical Accountant will be empowered to drive improvements and proactively offer new ideas with the goal of elevating our corporate accounting function.
- Perform the monthly financial close within established timeframes, which includes the following responsibilities:
- analyzing and reconciling general ledger accounts;
- creating various journal entries;
- reconciling selected measures within the Global Data Warehouse;
- reviewing the US reporting package and analyzing specific accounts for reasonableness and accuracy; comparing budgeted and prior year to actual amounts;
- reviewing reporting packages from foreign subsidiaries that are consolidated into the global financial statements and following up with foreign teams on outstanding questions;
- working with others on the team to perform and review the monthly global consolidation including elimination entries and review of intercompany transactions.
- Assisting with monthly inventory analysis and metrics
- Research and document the impact/implementation of new FASB reporting requirements as they are introduced
- Participate in the annual financial statement audit by working with the external auditors to provide an understanding of processes and supporting documentation for various accounts as well as prepare financial statement footnotes and provide supporting documentation
- Work with outside consultants on various specialized tax and financial reporting
- Prepare schedules and analyze data for projects requested by the Vice President of Finance, Manager of Corporate Financial Reporting or members of the executive leadership team
- Participate in systems implementations
- Assist in acquisition due diligence reviews and internal audit reviews
- Assist in the Global Corporate Budgeting and Quarterly Forecast process
What You Bring to the Team
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant accounting experience in the commercial space, to include experience with the general ledger, financial reporting, revenue recognition (ASC 606), lease pronouncements and consolidations
- A bachelors degree in Accounting or other related field
- A CPA
- A solid understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Exceptional analytical, investigative and organizations skills, and a strong motivation to bring new ideas to the table
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
You May Also Have…
- Working knowledge of Oracle and Cognos systems
- Exposure to accounting in multiple currencies
About Fellowes Brands
Founded on a rich 100-year history, our reputation, passion for excellence and Fellowes values - a belief in people, integrity, innovation and continuous improvement - live in every product we make, and inspire best-in-class design, quality and performance in all we do. Our four core values drive our behavior, approach and response to the world around us. Initiative. Integrity. Teamwork. Passion. These values are steeped in the character of our founder, Harry Fellowes, who established a value-based culture at Fellowes over a century ago.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
Fellowes, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered Fellowes' property, and Fellowes will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Talent Acquisition Department.