It’s the people who make the difference. Our four-generation family business built on our founding values and principles delivers best-in-class quality products with a growing Fellowes family of employees. If you are leading your own career and want to work with brands committed to helping you be your best, we want to meet you.
A newly created opportunity, our Packaging Engineer will lead the design, development and launch of packaging solutions for new and existing products across our entire business. As our Packaging Engineer, you will be the packaging subject matter expert, working with various internal departments and cross-functional teams as well as outside vendors, taking initial concepts through to implementation. This includes developing specifications, creating prototypes, completing testing and maintaining documentation.
- Work with cross-functional teams to meet quality, cost and timing deliverables of product development projects
- Establish packaging specifications for new products and revisions, ensuring manufacturing feasibility
- Create structural packaging designs as well as product and packaging costings based on parameters provided
- Develop specifications and assist in building inspection plans for all sourced product and packaging
- Maintain engineering documentation by creating drawings, documenting revisions and ensuring timely upkeep of active and inactive files
- Participate in manufacturing process reviews to ensure product conformance to established specifications, efficient conversion rates and recognition of cost saving opportunities
- Work directly with suppliers, communicating product specifications to support outsourcing of Supply Chain components
- Coordinate and purchase tooling as required by new and revised products
What You Bring to the Team
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience developing packaging design and development
- A Bachelor’s degree in Packaging, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Experience working with a range of packaging materials, such as films, corrugated, paperboard and pallets
- Strong technical knowledge and skills with CAD technical drawing software (ArtiosCAD), Word and Excel
- An outgoing, friendly and collaborative attitude, with a motivation to stay on top of the latest technologies, materials and trends in the packaging space
- The ability to multi-task and communicate effectively throughout the organization, across multiple teams and global business units
- A hands-on approach; able to visualize objects in 3D; create prototypes from various materials, using internal/external resources
- Exceptional project management skills
You May Also Have…
- Basic abilities with graphic illustration software (Adobe)
- Experience working with an ERP system (Oracle)
- 2D/3D technical drawing training (SolidWorks)
- Working knowledge of the corrugated industry and general manufacturing
About Fellowes Brands
Founded on a rich 100-year history, our reputation, passion for excellence and Fellowes values - a belief in people, integrity, innovation and continuous improvement - live in every product we make, and inspire best-in-class design, quality and performance in all we do. Our four core values drive our behavior, approach and response to the world around us. Initiative. Integrity. Teamwork. Passion. These values are steeped in the character of our founder, Harry Fellowes, who established a value-based culture at Fellowes over a century ago.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
Fellowes, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered Fellowes' property, and Fellowes will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Talent Acquisition Department.