Serving at the Intersection of Family, Innovation, Quality and Care
Our most important asset is our people. Who we are, what we do, how we do it and why we are passionate are all centerpieces of why we succeed.
Recognized among America’s Best Midsize Employers by Forbes in 2021 and 2022
Recognized as one of Chicago’s Best & Brightest Companies to Work For in 2022
Recognized as a Chicago Tribune Top Workplace 2022
Be a respected team representative and leads in both technical capabilities, applications, and project capacities, and routinely provides team mentorship and technical guidance. This individual will create, support, and provide visible and efficient design leadership focused on providing mechanical design expertise in a hands-on role and aimed at optimal part performance throughout the life cycle of all of our products. Seeks out and incorporates new technologies, innovations, improvements, and cost reduction concepts on all products which will lead to strong product performance of new launches and efficient/improving products in the market.
We operate in a hybrid work environment that offers two remote days per week.
In This Role, You will…
- Provide mechanical engineering design leadership and support for New Product Development (NPD) and Continuous Product Development (CPD) by designing, prototyping, testing and debugging to support product initiatives across a wide range of products.
- Develop part and product designs using advanced 2D and 3D drawing skills and insuring products live up to all specifications and design intent.
- Support the project managers and teams by staying focused on key milestones on multiple projects and ensuring timelines are met.
- Provide product documentation (bills of material, 2D/3D product drawings, DRILS, product specs, agency testing and engineering change orders) using our document storage platforms, providing advanced mechanical design insight from product launch through the end of a products’ life.
- Support the ECO system with supporting documents, required global approval, appropriate sample testing, cost-efficient releases and timely updates.
- Stay current on new design and manufacturing technologies and theories to provide Fellowes with design applications with regards to current and future business categories.
- Work closely with the Fellowes’ global engineers and key OEM suppliers to assertively direct, support and drive new and continuous product development projects.
- Analyze test results, direct test methods, and provide critical thinking while actively contributing to defective product reviews aimed at identifying root cause and corrective actions.
- Manage and direct all suppliers to our strict test methods/requirements, ensure consistent application of the methods and deliver projects on target and on time.
- Create optimal mechanical designs, looking to improve the aesthetics and pushing boundaries and capabilities.
What You Bring to the Team
- Strong computer-aided design skills (preferably SolidWorks).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously with cross-function teams.
- Thinks creatively, evaluates multiple solutions, and uses appropriate engineering principles during problem solving process.
- Willing to use lab equipment, power, and hand tools to assemble product models and prototypes.
- Strong organizational and time management skills that works to deliver projects on time.
- Must be willing to travel to China 2-4 times per year.
Fellowes Brands - A Family Business Since 1917
For over a century, Fellowes has been committed to positively impacting people through our culture, relationships and solutions. We have evolved toward relevance with each decade and generation, responding to a constantly changing world. Today, we are on an ambitious journey to grow our influence and impact in enhancing and maximizing work experiences worldwide. We are a “Brand on the Move” and remain committed to finding new ways to help people work better and feel better.
Visit our Careers Site: www.fellowesbrands.com/us/en/careers/Pages/overview.aspx
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
Fellowes, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered Fellowes' property, and Fellowes will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Talent Acquisition Department.