Serving at the Intersection of Family, Innovation, Quality and Care
Our most important asset is our people. Who we are, what we do, how we do it and why we are passionate are all centerpieces of why we succeed.
Recognized among America’s Best Midsize Employers by Forbes in 2021 and 2022
Recognized as one of Chicago’s Best & Brightest Companies to Work For in 2022
Recognized as a Chicago Tribune Top Workplace 2022 and 2023
As the Manufacturing Engineer you will own the manufacturing processes and support the quality performance of the Itasca operation. From creating, maintaining, and communicating needed work instructions and procedural documentation to facilitating consistent, efficient, and well-performing processes. This person will drive continuous improvement efforts aimed at reducing the Cost of Goods Sold and waste percentage. You will also manage the operational training activities for the manufacturing personnel. Lastly, you will be responsible for all quality requirements tied to the operation including CAR, Quality Alerts and Continuous Improvement activities.
In This Role, You will…
- Define and manage the manufacturing and quality processes for our Business Machine and Storage & Organization departments with specific emphasis on our Laser Cutting and Mayflower operations.
- Support, manage and define the manufacturing layout and quality processes for new start-up operations in the Itasca facility.
- Manage all internal and customer GMP audits pertaining to the manufacturing operation.
- Working alongside engineering, validate product and manufacturing concepts with testing of product, processes and confirmation of manufacturability.
- Develop and provide training for the manufacturing departments to ensure work instructions are followed and quality standards are met.
- Facilitate continuous improvement processes in manufacturing through the use of LEAN techniques which leads to efficient work flow, reduced plant waste, improved quality and targeted cost savings.
- Support vendor quality improvement by monitoring incoming inspection activities and issuing corrective actions as required.
- Respond to Itasca manufacturing customer complaints or inquires regarding quality issues. Perform root cause and corrective actions including the implementation and proper communication of CARs and quality alerts for internal issues.
- Support product documentation by reviewing and revising BOMs and Routings and implementing manufacturing ECOs.
- Maintain manufacturing layout drawings.
- Learn and support organizational training on the Oracle manufacturing module.
What You Bring to the Team
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others and manage potentially difficult situations.
- Strong time management ability and able to think strategically.
- Good working knowledge of Lean principles.
- Attention to detail, team player, self-starter, ability to work independently.
- Work collaboratively with team members to solve problems.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Ability to maintain and develop 2D drawings.
- Understanding of and exposure to good manufacturing practices, quality problem solving tools, metrology, product and materials test methods.
- Technical capability including knowledge of materials and mechanical engineering concepts.
- First-hand experience working in a production or assembly environment or direct support/management of production processes.
- Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in manufacturing environment with process and continuous improvement responsibility
Fellowes Brands - A Family Business Since 1917
For over a century, Fellowes has been committed to positively impacting people through our culture, relationships and solutions. We have evolved toward relevance with each decade and generation, responding to a constantly changing world. Today, we are on an ambitious journey to grow our influence and impact in enhancing and maximizing work experiences worldwide. We are a “Brand on the Move” and remain committed to finding new ways to help people work better and feel better.
Visit our Careers Site: www.fellowesbrands.com/us/en/careers/Pages/overview.aspx
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
Fellowes, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered Fellowes' property, and Fellowes will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Talent Acquisition Department.